Ponsonby Parish Council Minutes - November 2013
Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held at 7.00pm in Calderbridge Village Hall on 12 th November 2013
Present: Mr R Stewart, Mr D Birks, Mr A Rigg, Mr R Munro, Mr Crayston, DA Polhill (Clerk)
One member of the public also attended (for Item 77/13a).
75/13Apologies: Mr R Jones, Declarations of Interest. None.
76/13Minutes of the previous meeting. These were approved.
77/13 Actions and Matters arisingfrom the Minutes.
- Wind Turbines . The Chairman said that the member of the public had specifically attended to ascertain progress regarding this item. Although there had been no planning application submitted as yet, it was noted that a public meeting in the Village Hall had been arranged by the company concerned for 13 th November where more information would be provided. (This would probably be a precursor to the submission of a planning application). The Chairman said he had received feedback that the letters advertising the event had not been sent to several areas of the parish although some people in Gosforth and Seascale had been included. He was trying to clarify the facts. It was reported that a petition objecting to the development covering Calderbridge and Gosforth had been set up by a resident.
- Traffic Issues . There had been no response from Mr Cosgrove despite repeated e-mails. The Clerk said he would contact Mr Melville accordingly.
- Telephone Box . The Clerk said that he had received no response to his letter to BT but would try and make contact again.
- Flood report . The Clerk said that a meeting, arranged by Mr Clarkson, had been held with the Flood Control Team. This had been primarily to deal with the Gosforth report but the team had been reminded of the outstanding reports for Calderbridge and New Mill. These were promised to be sent within the next two weeks. A further meeting was arranged for 14 th November.
78/13 Parish Council Representation.
MRWS. The Clerk had sent out to all members a copy of the draft response to the consultation on a Review of the Siting Process for a GDF (prepared by the Nuclear Group) for comment. Mr Birks said he had not responded due to domestic difficulties (the arrival of a new-born). He outlined his comments to the meeting and it was agreed that if he could e-mail these to Mr Jones they would be incorporated. With this amendment it was agreed that this could be considered the final version and on receipt of the final update The Clerk would format it and send it to DECC accordingly.
80/13 Finance Payments requested:
- Clerk’s salary and expenses. (9/10/2013 – 12/11/2013) £49.96 Cheque No 100422
- HMRC for PAYE £10.80 Cheque No 100423
- 2014-15 budget . The Clerk reminded members that anyone with suggestions for project spending in the 2014-15 financial year should put these in writing so that they can be considered when the budget (and precept) is set. Information on Government grants to District Councils was again delayed and until this was available PC’s had been advised to exercise a similar delay in setting budgets and precepts.
Balance of accounts at 20 th October 2013 :- £15074.08
81/13 Public Participation. There were no members of the public present.
82/13 Questions councillors may wish to raise.
The Clerk said that the second bus shelter had now been painted, inside and out. The Chairman and The Clerk would arrange payment via BACS.
The Chairman said that the condition of the road to Pelham House was now very poor. This would be reported to Highways.
83/13 Date of next meeting . Tuesday 10 th December 2013