Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held at 7.00pm in Calderbridge Village Hall on 12 th February 2013.
Present: Mr R Stewart (Chairman), Mr D Birks, Mr P Stanley, Mr A Rigg, Mr R Jones, Mr R Munro, DA Polhill (Clerk)
One member of the public was also present.
10/13Apologies: None. The Clerk was asked to write a letter of thanks to Mr J Stanley, who had resigned due to ill health, for his past services to the Parish Council. Declarations of Interest. None.
11/13Minutes of the previous meeting. These were approved.
12/13 Actions and Matters arisingfrom the Minutes.
Proposed meeting with Mr Cosgrove. The Clerk said he had put this on hold as there had been no further progress on the second round of traffic counts which had previously been agreed. After discussion it was agreed to write to Mr Cosgrove drawing his attention to the long timescale and requesting some more urgent action. It would also be brought to his attention that the temporary road signs which had been put up in ~ October, and possibly influenced the first set of traffic counts, were still in position and if necessary the Parish Council would remove them.
Resignation of Mr J Stanley. The Clerk had heard officially from Jonathan Stanley that he wished to resign from the Parish Council due to his ill health. The Elections Officer had been informed and the appropriate notices displayed. The procedure is that The Clerk will be informed at the end of the statutory period if there has been any application by potential candidates. If not, then the Parish Council is free to co-opt another member. The Clerk was asked to write to Jonathan thanking him for his past services to the Parish Council.
13/13 Parish Council Representation Reports
West Cumbria Site Stakeholders Group. Mr Jones had attended having replaced Mr Stewart as the council’s representative. Key points were :-
1. A vote of thanks from the Group to Ranald Stewart for his previous contributions to the SSG and its subgroups.
2. Todd Wright to continue leading Sellafield Ltd. but will be supported by Tony Price.
3. NDA shared details of Socio-economic contributions to the area (via the SLC's and the Energy Coast routes) some members of the SSG encouraging NDA to require their supply chain to make bigger contributions.
4. NDA committed to respond to the findings from and recommendations of the Public Affairs Committee at the May meeting - some pushback that this was not soon enough.
Clerk’s Note : NDA had also promised to respond to the Parish Council’s request for its reaction to the National audit Office Report and what subsequent action was envisaged. This was still awaited.
5. Over the next couple of years the LLWR and Sellafield contracts will be reviewed. LLWR will go first and did not seem averse to involving the host community in some way. If this happens it may well set the scene to host community involvement in the review of the Sellafield contract
d) Grass-cutting for 2013-14 Financial Year. The Clerk said that he had received the tender from Copeland BC for £1458.91 + VAT, which was an increase of ~3% on the previous year. It was agreed to accept the offer and to renew the contract.
16/13 Public Participation.
Mr Crayston – Said that he had welcomed the work which the County Highways had carried out on the lane to Monks Wood. There was still more to be done but what had been done was of great benefit to the lane residents.
17/13 Questions councillors may wish to raise.
Mr P Stanley – Referred to continuous flooding on Ponsonby Lane and although the gullies had been cleared the problem persisted. It was his opinion that the pipework between the gullies was blocked and it was agreed to bring this to the attention of Mr Cosgrove.
Clerk’s Note : The Clerk, having written to Mr Cosgrove, had received a reply that this matter had been referred to the requisite dept. for action.
18/13 Date of next meeting . Tuesday 12 th March 2013. Mr Jones said that he would be unable to attend and gave his advance apology.